Helminths, popularly referred to as worms, are parasites that live in the human body and cause a variety of malformations. This disease is called helminthiasis. Experts can name several hundred helminths, among which pinworms, ringworms, cat flukes and others are the most common. Such parasites, although they cause many problems, do not pose a specific threat to health. But there are other organisms that can cause irreparable harm to the human body, these include echinococcus, alveococcus, bovine tapeworms - tapeworms that can reach several meters in length.
There are many reasons to get worms into the body, this can happen if:
- a person ignores the rules of personal hygiene;
- not adhering to hygiene standards when preparing food;
- eating foods that are not heat processed;
- eat unwashed vegetables and fruits;
- do not wash hands after contact with animals;
- bathing in a polluted river or lake;
- have been bitten by insects (although infection through bites is very rare);
- often located next to the sick helminthiasis.
Symptoms of helminthiases
How to get rid of helminths if the presence of most of them has no obvious symptoms? Even so, there are some very eloquent signs:
- difficulty with bowel movements - some types of helminths can block the bowel, causing constipation;
- diarrhea-frequent diarrhea may indicate helminthiasis, as this parasite secretes a substance that gives rise to watery stools;
- gas formation is a fairly common phenomenon, but if this has been observed for more than 14 days, then, most likely, the worms have settled in the body;
- allergies - substances secreted by worms synthesized in the body by eosinophils - these are the cells that trigger allergies;
- muscle and joint pain - worms get into the muscles and move there, which is the cause of the pain;
- deterioration of appearance - with helminthiasis, signs of external infection often occur - wrinkles, acne, rashes, dry skin, brittle nails, hair loss may appear;
- weight change - the body responds to foreign invasion by increasing the weight, and if the weight goes down, this means that the parasite draws useful substances from it;
- anemia - helminths inhale nutrients from the blood, which leads to a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood;
- severe itching of the anus - symptoms occur due to the release of worms from the body;
- grind teeth in dreams;
- increased fatigue - severe lack of nutrients leads to fatigue and apathy;
- insomnia - the body begins an active fight against helminths, therefore restless sleep or insomnia may appear;
- fever and cough - the presence of helminths can trigger difficulty breathing and symptoms of acute respiratory infections.
Before you fight with worms, you need to pass a test to identify them.
Are worms dangerous
Growing parasites are perfectly adapted to the internal human environment. Often, people suffering from helminthiasis, coming to the hospital with various diseases, do not suspect that they are caused by the presence of parasites in the body.
Almost all worms have small hooks or suckers with which they cling tightly to the intestinal wall and other organs. They spread throughout the body - attacking the liver, gallbladder, heart, intestines and even the brain. The peculiarity of helminthiasis lies in the fact that often doctors can make a wrong diagnosis, confusing the symptoms. How to remove worms from the body, preventing their destruction? It is very important to know that curing worms is only half the battle, because the decay products left behind after them continue to poison the body. Therefore, you need to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Methods of treatment
There are two ways to remove worms from a person - these are drug therapy and traditional medicine. Getting rid of worms with drugs is divided into three stages - preparatory, therapeutic and remedial. Drugs are broad and narrow spectrum. Broad -spectrum drugs can kill any type of parasite, narrow -spectrum drugs are prescribed for the treatment of certain types of worms. The most effective of them are:
- methyl ester carbamic acid - available in tablet form, treats enterobiasis and trichuriasis;
- tetrahydropyrimidine derivatives - available in the form of suspensions or tablets, prescribed for the treatment of ascariasis, enterobiasis and others. This drug can be used even during pregnancy, but prior consultation with a doctor is required;
- benzimidazole carbamate derivatives - there are 3 types - suppositories, powders and tablets, in children it helps to remove pinworms. In addition, it is prescribed for bovine and pig tapeworms, Giardia and ringworms. The drug destroys not only adult parasites, but also their larvae.
There are still many medications that help restore both the worm and its decay products. But the disadvantage of conservative treatment is the toxicity of these drugs, as a result of which patients after treatment experience headaches, indigestion, allergies, general lethargy, and fatigue. Destroying parasites, drugs simultaneously harm the microflora of the whole organism, and in this case, alternative medicine is an excellent alternative to conservative treatment.
Folk remedies offer many ways to get rid of worms without the use of pharmaceutical preparations. They practically cause no side effects, cleanse the body gently and help restore its function.
Worm treatment with herbs
How to get rid of worms at home with the help of various herbs? For this purpose, special plants with anthelmintic properties are collected, decoctions and tinctures are prepared from them.
- A dry mixture of cloves, tansy and wormwood.Take herbs in equal amounts, mix and eat 5 gr. this mixture every day on an empty stomach, drink plenty of warm water. The course of treatment is 30 days.
- Boil wormwood.This worm medicine in small quantities is very effective, but if exceeded, it has a negative effect on the body. Mix centaury and wormwood in equal proportions, separate 30 gr. mix, pour a glass of water and simmer in a water bath for 30 minutes. The boiled water is drunk half an hour before bed.
- Absorption of celandine.Grind the leaves and roots of plants, separate 20-30 grams, pour 200 ml of boiling water, wrap with a towel and let cool. Then strain the dough and take twice a day for 3 days. Celandine belongs to the category of poisonous plants, but in small quantities it is completely safe and very effective in the treatment of stubborn parasites.
- Colored Elecampane.Mix in equal proportions elecampane root, tansy flowers and dried blueberries. Separate about 40 gr. and pour a glass of water. Boil the mixture over low heat for about half an hour. Drink 5 tablespoons for 7 days.
Treatment of worms with folk remedies includes the use of products that are available to everyone. Onions have excellent antimicrobial effects and are also used in the fight against helminthiasis:
- cut the middle onion slightly with a knife, pour a glass of warm water, leave overnight. In the morning on an empty stomach, drink onion tincture;
- turn the onion in a meat grinder, squeeze the juice, combine with the juice of three -year -old aloe vera and a tablespoon of honey. This mixture should be eaten three times a day;
- Turn some simple onions through a meat grinder, pour half a liter of vodka. Infusion for 10-12 days, then strain and take one tablespoon three times a day before meals.
It is important to know!Categories of people who are prohibited from taking alcohol drugs can use water infusions.
Traditional medicine offers several ways to get rid of worms quickly with garlic:
- rub a clove of garlic on a fine grater, mix with one liter of warm boiled water and make an enema before bed;
- crushed garlic add a glass of warm milk and drink before bedtime, this method is effective in treating children from worms;
- make a mixture of garlic, egg yolk, salted herring and warm milk. You need to take it in 100 gr. several times a day, such a remedy is very effective for tapeworms.
Another remedy for worms
There are many ways to get rid of worms. This can be done using conventional methods.
Pass some green beans through a meat grinder along with the skin. Boil a glass of water, a little salt and pour nuts over it. Wrap the dough and leave for about 3 hours. Then strain and drink the entire infusion at one time.
Squeeze sauerkraut juice and drink a few tablespoons on an empty stomach.
Five tablespoons of dry skin pour half a liter of vodka. Store for 7 days in a dark place, shaking the container periodically. Strain the tincture and take one teaspoon three to four times a day before meals. The treatment period is 21 days.
There are several ways to get rid of worms in 1 day using pumpkin seeds. To enhance the anthelmintic effect, they can be combined with other products:
- seeds and honey - turn a glass of peeled seeds through a meat grinder, add a little melted honey and warm water. Eat the mixture on an empty stomach, drink laxatives after two or three hours;
- seeds and garlic - fry a few seeds in a dry pan and mix with three large cloves of chopped garlic. Add 20 gr. fresh honey, insist 12 hours and eat on an empty stomach.
- seeds and milk - grind seeds and eat with warm milk.
Pumpkin seeds are one of the most effective and safe ways to get rid of helminthiasis.
Traditional medicine recommends several ways to get rid of worms in adults with cognac. And although many are skeptical about such a treatment, when used properly, this drink quickly and safely helps get rid of helminths.
Dilute 50-70 ml of cognac with the same amount of tea and drink before bedtime. When a person falls asleep, a mixture of cognac and tea helps the worms to lag behind the walls of internal organs, then they become very vulnerable. 2 hours after taking cognac, you need to get up and take a strong laxative.
Treatment of helminthiasis in children
Traditional medicine provides many safe ways to get rid of worms in children. This is very important, because the child's body is still very fragile and vulnerable. But, unfortunately, children do not always understand the need for treatment. So that it is not unpleasant and painful, there are recipes that will be liked by small patients:
- carrot -honey juice - mix freshly squeezed carrot juice with a tablespoon of fresh honey. If the child likes carrots, you can grate them, add honey and let the baby eat them;
- Roast a little pumpkin seeds, grind, mix with honey. Children will eat this mixture with pleasure.
If symptoms are threatening, herbal decoctions, garlic enemas and laxatives are used.
Any disease is better to prevent than to treat, therefore, to prevent parasites from entering the body, you should follow a few simple rules:
- wash your hands as often as possible, especially after walking and before eating;
- wash all vegetables and fruits eaten;
- subject to thorough heat treatment of fish and meat products;
- cut meat, fish and vegetables on different cutting boards;
- limit contact with street animals;
- pets systematically show veterinarians.
Helminthiasis is a very unpleasant disease, but with proper treatment, you can get rid of it quickly.