Worm attacks belong to a group of common diseases in humans and animals. It is caused by the penetration of various worms into the body, of which in our time there are more than three hundred species. Parasites are localized mainly in the intestines and liver, but some species can penetrate the lungs, heart, brain and other vital organs, which can lead to very serious consequences. It is important to detect the presence of helminths in the body as early as possible and take steps to eliminate them to avoid health problems. After all, the disease can bring many consequences, up to death. But it is quite difficult to determine the presence of helminthic invasion in the body, because the symptoms are similar to other diseases and it is difficult to say exactly which infection is invading the body. It is important to understand what to look for when contacting a parasite member.
Types of helminths are dangerous to humans
Worms that pose a danger to humans are divided into two groups:
- Cavitary - cream worms, ringworms, whip worms, tapeworms and other parasites that live in the intestine.
- Tissues - echinococcosis, paragonimiasis, cysticercosis and other types of parasites that can spread to all important internal organs and affect them.
Often, the following types of helminthic invasion are diagnosed in the human body: enterobiasis, ascariasis, trichuriasis, strongyloidiasis.
Methods of infection with worms
There are many ways parasitic larvae enter the body, among which the main ones can be distinguished:
- Touch - larvae are transmitted from person to person.
- Through insect bites.
- Through the ground
- Through the water.
- With dust particles.
- From foods that have undergone inadequate heat treatment.
The first manifestation of worms in the body
Once in the human body, worms do not immediately appear. This is the main problem. The first signs of helminthic invasion may appear only after two weeks. This includes:
- increased body temperature;
- skin rash;
- abdominal pain;
- loss of appetite;
- appearance of headache;
- intestinal disorders.
If, after feeling the first signs, in time to consult a doctor, many problems can be avoided.
Symptoms of the presence of worms in the human body
Being in the body, parasites consume most of the nutrients and vitamins, which have a significant impact on well -being.
Symptoms of helminthic invasion in adults:
- the presence of allergies;
- the appearance of acne and boils;
- annoying cough;
- reduced immunity;
- depressed and irritable state;
- pain in the joints;
- disorders of the digestive system.
Symptoms of infection with lung worms
Lung infections with helminths can be asymptomatic for several years. After penetration into the human body, parasites actively multiply, when a significant number is reached, symptoms such as:
- weakness and lack of strength;
- difficulty breathing;
- wet cough;
- pain and discomfort in the chest area;
- dizziness and vomiting;
- decreased appetite and weight loss.
At the point where the parasite enters the lungs, adhesions form, and over time, the shape of the lungs changes. Parasites cause diseases such as pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis and pleurisy. In the case of an extension, a fatal outcome is highly likely.
The main signs of intestinal helminthiasis
Often, the worm's habitat in the human body is the intestines. The first symptoms appear when helminths begin active reproduction:
- bloated stomach;
- lack of strength and fatigue;
- itching in the anus;
- dermatitis and eczema of the skin.
Parasites poison the body with the products of their vital activity, and all this leads to a general state of weakness and apathy.
Symptoms of the presence of worms in the stomach
This place is also a favorite of worms, the symptoms are as follows:
- frequent indigestion, constipation can suddenly turn into diarrhea;
- pain in the abdomen and navel;
- decreased appetite;
- persistent hunger;
- gnashing of teeth;
Signs of Dirofilaria Infection
This type of parasite occurs in humans due to insect bites. There are two forms of dirofilariasis - ocular and cutaneous:
- The skin shape is the most common and can appear from mosquito bites, small seals form in this place and gradually it migrates under the skin, causing discomfort. If you do not get qualified help in a timely manner, severe redness and pain appear at the site of the lesion.
- In ocular form, the parasite lives under the skin of the eyelid and there is a possibility of its penetration into the eyeball. The symptoms are redness and swelling, conjunctivitis and itching in the affected area, in addition to this, the person always feels a foreign body in the eye. All this is accompanied by insomnia, increased anxiety and general weakness.
Symptoms of helminths in the throat
The throat is one of the most sensitive places in the human body. When it is inflamed, we immediately feel pain and discomfort, but sometimes you can feel a strong tickling and stirring in the throat, which is often caused by helminths. Keep in mind that parasites cannot live in the throat, as this is not a good habitat for them. It happens that parasites that grow in the digestive system grow to such a size that they enter the esophagus through the esophagus, this is usually accompanied by severe shortness of breath and cough.
Symptoms of helminthic invasion of the brain
Brain damage usually occurs through the nasal passages. Upon entering the brain, helminths infect the cortical centers, destroy brain cells and actively reproduce. Instead of dead cells, dead tissue remains, leading to inflammatory processes in the brain. If immediate medical treatment is not given to the patient, he may die within two weeks.
- severe pain in the head;
Symptoms of helminthic invasion in human blood
Blood is the habitat of some types of helminths, which have a very bad effect on the body. Symptoms include:
- fever attacks;
- pain in the joints;
- limb numbness;
- lymph node enlargement.
How to recognize helminthic invasion by skin rashes
One of the main manifestations of the presence of helminths is a strong deterioration in the condition of the skin and the appearance of various rashes on it. This is due to the toxic substances released by the parasite. The most characteristic signs are as follows:
- severe itching;
- allergic rhinitis;
- papilloma appearance;
- nail fragility;
- increased hair loss;
- acne and furunculosis.
But you should not associate all skin manifestations with the presence of worms in the body, the reason may be different and only a dermatologist, after conducting research, will be able to determine it.
Symptoms of helminthiasis in the form of metabolic disorders
Failures in metabolic processes in the body should also be reported. If, with a regular diet, there is a sudden decrease or increase in weight, anemia or hypovitaminosis is detected, one should consider infection with parasites. Rapid weight loss may be due to the fact that worms absorb all the nutrients a person consumes. Weight gain can be provoked by toxic substances secreted by helminths, in response to them, the body needs more food to excrete toxins with it.
Symptoms of the immune system
Because parasites consume all the nutrients and vitamins that enter the body, there is a strong suppression of the immune system and the person becomes vulnerable to all infectious diseases and inflammatory processes of various organs. Chronic diseases are also on the rise.
From the side of the nervous system, helminthic invasion is expressed by the following symptoms:
- increased fatigue;
- memory impairment;
- depressed state;
- decreased activity and performance.
Signs of infection in children
Notes! In children, the presence of pinworms and ascaris is most often diagnosed.
Worm attacks in children have the following symptoms:
- poor appetite;
- pale skin of the face;
- dark circles under the eyes;
- poor sleep, biting teeth in dreams;
- general state of lethargy and weakness;
- the presence of worms in children's feces;
- itching in the anus;
- a large amount of saliva in the mouth;
- lethargy and fatigue;
- increase in body temperature for no apparent reason;
- allergic reactions, dermatitis, urticaria;
- inflammatory processes in the genitals;
- smelly breath;
- annoying cough;
- dizziness and vomiting;
- frequent colds.
Advice! If the baby has three or more signs, you should immediately see a doctor. Often, even studies on feces do not give accurate results, so it will be most effective to undergo a comprehensive examination.
It is important to understand that a small number of adult helminths in the body hardly give any symptoms of helminthic invasion in adults and children. It is possible to confirm or deny an infection only by passing laboratory tests and studies prescribed by an individual parasite specialist.
Diagnosis of helminthiasis
Since it is possible to treat the body of a parasite only after it is detected, and the symptoms of the infection are similar to other diseases, an efficient diagnosis is essential. His methods include:
- Serological analysis - detection of helminth antibodies in the blood;
- Fecal analysis - helps identify the presence of larvae and adult debris;
- Coprological examination - scraping study, taken near the anus;
- Check for dysbacteriosis;
- CT scan;
It is easily infected with worms, but difficult to treat, especially chronic forms of helminthic invasion. The course of treatment includes antiparasitic drugs, immunomodulators and sorbents. The therapeutic regimen is prescribed only by a doctor, the drugs themselves are not only useless, but also dangerous.
Preventive measures against infection with helminths
Prevention of helminthic invasion is very important for children and adults, according to certain rules, you can significantly reduce the chances of infection with parasites. The presence of helminthic invasion in humans, as a rule, is due to lack of basic hygiene:
- make sure you wash your hands before any consumption of food, when returning from the street, after contact with animals;
- well, it is best to use special products, wash fruits and vegetables before eating or burn them with boiling water;
- drink only purified or boiled water;
- try to avoid insect bites;
- fish, meat and other similar products subjected to thorough heat treatment;
- make sure children's nails are cut short;
- wash children's toys regularly using special products;
- make sure you boil the items used by the patient for five minutes;
- twice a year to undergo examination of children and adults for the presence of helminths;
- to divorce a child to take hands and other objects in his mouth, especially those in contact with the ground.
The implementation of these measures is not so difficult. Their adherence will be enough to protect yourself and your children from parasites as much as possible. If something is missed and symptoms of helminthic invasion begin to appear, treatment should be started immediately to avoid complications.